Fab Over Fifty
FOFundraiser Banner
Anonymous asks:
What is the latest and best treatment for dark circles and hollows between the upper cheekbone and eye area?

On: 05/17/2013 01:22 am

To doctors from: Texas

Category: Eyelid


DrElizabethMorgan on 06/10/2013 09:32 am wrote:
Thank you for your question about improving the dark circles and hollows between your eyes and cheekbone. Treatment depends on the cause - and includes 1. skin creams and peels to lighten the color, 2. lower lid lifting to smooth excess fat, 3. fillers - off the shelf or your own fat - to support the cheek bone and 4. control of allergies - swelling over the bone itself is usually from allergies and 5. a combination of the above. Consult Board Certified Plastic Surgeon to plan what you need. Hope this helps. Best wishes.
DrWesleyMyers on 05/23/2013 08:59 am wrote:
There are many reasons why patients develop "dark circles" and hollows between the cheekbones and the eyes including loss of volume and laxity of the tissues. Prior to considering any procedure I recommend that you make an appointment with a board certified plastic surgeon for a facial and eye exam. Common procedures include dermal fillers, fat grafting, and surgery such as a blepharoplasty. Treatments can vary depending on the severity of the problem.
DrCharlesWallace on 05/21/2013 01:45 pm wrote:
Hollow cheekbone and dark circles are actually caused by the loss of collagen as we age. Look at your teenage picture and notice those plump cheeks! Sculptra naturally replaces lost collagen for results that can last up to 2 years. Sculptra works within the deep dermis to replace lost collagen. It provides a foundation that gradually restores the look of fullness by correcting your shallow to deep facial wrinkles and folds. This results in correcting these facial wrinkles and folds that can help provide a more refined appearance.
Another method would be to use facial fillers, such as Radiesse which lasts up to 8 months.
DrJamesFBoynton on 05/21/2013 12:44 pm wrote:
Sometimes we can add "filler" to that area (known as the "tear trough" area) which is typically Restylane as a office procedure. In addition, many times we also recommend a lower lid blepharoplasty (lower eyelid lift) that can substantially improve the area. I hope this helps!