Fab Over Fifty
FOFundraiser Banner
Anonymous asks:
I have silicon/saline breast implants. My left implant has ruptured. Where can I find a doctor to remove them both. I've had my implants for 20 years.

On: 01/10/2014 08:05 pm

To doctors from: Illinois

Category: Breasts


DrStephenChidyllo on 01/14/2014 11:00 am wrote:
It is always best to return to the original plastic surgeon who performed your surgery. They have the most knowledge concerning your specific case. You have another issue though in that the treating surgeon needs to know what type of implant you had placed (saline or silicone). You should provide your selected surgeon with all of the necessary manufacturers information concerning your present implants. The operative procedure may be different if you are treating a ruptured silicone implant or a ruptured saline breast implant. Review the ASPS website at plasticsurgery.org for a surgeon in your region.
DrGustavoGalante on 01/13/2014 01:04 pm wrote:
If possible, it is best to be seen by your original plastic surgeon. If he/she is not available or no longer in practice, seek out a board certified plastic surgeon conveniently located for you. Be sure to bring the size and type of implant information with you if available. More information on finding a plastic surgeon can be found at www.plasticsurgery.org
Hope this helps.