Fab Over Fifty
FOFundraiser Banner
Helena Shanks asks:
I am 51 years old and my eyelids are starting to have a saggy look but I don't have crows feet....just excess skin that are causing my eyes to look sad...sort of like my dad's. I am a happy person so the sad eyes are really not me so what can be done?

On: 05/17/2014 04:38 pm

To doctors from: Michigan

Category: Eyelid


DrJohnZavell on 05/21/2014 01:42 pm wrote:
A sad or tired look around the eyes is a common sign of aging and usually reflects either excess upper eyelid skin or a droopy brow, or often both. These conditions can be corrected through upper eyelid surgery and/or a browlift. Consult your local board certified plastic surgeon for more info.
DrJanetTurkle on 05/19/2014 11:45 am wrote:
Excess skin on the upper eyelids is a common problem that can be corrected with an upper eyelid lift, or blepharoplasty. A consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon can determine your exact needs.
DrDavidBerman on 05/18/2014 07:53 am wrote:
it sounds like you would benefit from an upper lid blepharoplasty. this is done in my office under local anesthetic with some oral sedation only.
david berman md
northern va plastic surgeon