“If you’re over fifty and you’re not wearing eye makeup, you should be.”
--Beauty Expert Lois Joy Johnson, The FOF Beauty Bash
FOF makeup artist Sandy Linter has been helping models and celebs look gorgeous for three decades. In her book, The Makeup Wakeup--co-authored with beauty editor Lois Joy Johnson--she brilliantly demystifies her techniques. At this year’s FOF Beauty Bash, she took it one step further, and created the perfect eye-makeup look, live, on a real FOF woman.
Watch this video from the event and then tell us what you think. Could you create this look at home?
2. Do your eye makeup first--before you do anything else, including your foundation.
3. Use a primer or oil-free concealer on your lids--it will help you eye makeup stay in place.
4. Hold your eyelid skin taught and apply black pencil along the upper lash line, in short strokes, from the outside in. Line the bottom lashline as well, and stop at the center of the lower lid, right below your pupil.
5. Don’t line the inner corners of your eyes.
6. After applying your pencil, apply liquid liner to your upper lid, right against the lash line.