Shihtzumama SAID:

I’ 56 and giving myself a gift for my 57th – considering face lift, tca peel, eyelid lift and fat transfer to augment lips and “hollow” areas below eyes and on cheeks. I wanted a TCA peel, but a surgeon I consulted only does Obaji blue peels. Is it as effective as TCA – it sure is more $$. Is fat augmentation permanent? How does one go about finding a plastic surgeon? There were several testimonials about tummy tucks and breast augmentation performed by surgeon I consulted, but nothing found on facial procedures. She only had 5 before and after photos in her scrapbook. I’m not feeling very comfortable.

3 Answers

  1. DrJohnNewkirk wrote on :

    To locate a Board-Certified Plastic Surgeon in your area, we recommend the ASPS or the ASAPS website. We do offer autologous fat transfers which are permanent, however 30% to 40% of the transferred cells are generally absorbed by the body. We typically see 60% to 70 % of the transferred fat cells will survive permanently. Unfortunately, we do not offer either the TCA or Blue peel.

  2. DrLawrenceKorpeck wrote on :

    An Obagi® peel is a TCA peel. Fat injections are not permanent and you will need regular touch-ups like injectable fillers. The best source to find a Board-Certified Plastic Surgeon in your area is to go to the ASAPS website or the ASPS website and go to the section titled “Locate a Surgeon”. All members of these societies are Plastic Surgeons certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery. You can also come visit any one of the Florida MyLooks® surgeons who are members of above societies and have over 25 years of experience.
    The best procedure for tightening the skin at the jawline is a surgical facelift if you are older, or one of the non-surgical modalities such as ultrasound or Radiofrequency if you are younger with minimal skin laxity.

  3. DrJeffreyScott wrote on :

    Every surgeon has his or her own way of doing things. I personally prefer TCA peels over the Blue peel for the lower eyelid skin. Autologous fat transfer is permanent, however not all of the transferred cells survive. Typically 50 to 70 % of the transferred fat survive permanently. Look for a Surgeon certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery and member of the American Society of Plastic Surgeons. Beyond that be certain the surgeon has a vast experience with surgical rejuvenation procedures of the face. It is ok ask pointed questions to the doctor in reference to his or her experience. If you are not satisfied with those answers then speak to friends or other doctors around your town for references.

Are you an FOF Doctor? Please to log in and post your response