David bought $120 worth of tickets to the Mega Millions Lottery. The drawing is tonight and the jackpot is $355 million (before taxes). We have a one in a gazillion chance of winning, but if we do, here are 10 things I’d immediately do with some of the money (that is, if David thinks any of it is mine, sincehebought the tickets.)
1. Give $1 million each to my sister Shelley, nephews Adam, Brian, Jon and Max, children Colby and Simone and former husband, Douglas. $8 million
2. Buy a brownstone in Manhattan, located on the Upper East Side, somewhere between 72nd and 95th Streets, Fifth and Third Avenues. It would house the FabOverFifty offices, in addition to being our home. Cost: probably $15 million.
3. Give Dr. Vincent Tuohy, of The Cleveland Clinic, $5 million towards the $16 million he needs to start clinical trials of the breast cancer prevention vaccine he’s discovered.
4. Spend a luxurious week in Paris, with a few friends. $12,000
5. Give $3 million to Fab Over Fifty
6. Choose one family from each state to each get $50,000 $2.5 million
7. Hire a full-time driver $75,000
8. Give $50,000 each to ten FOF women who want to start their own businesses $500,000
9. Have a private Iyengar Yoga lesson five days a week with Adam Vitolo $50,000
10. Invest what’s left
I’ll let you know if I win tomorrow.
P.S. Happy birthday to FOF Sharon, David’s twin sister! We’ll go out to dinner when you get back from Florida after the winter.