This post is sponsored by Vertical Pharmaceuticals, LLC.
As we enter our 40s, 50s and beyond, we hear a lot of chatter about hormone replacement therapy a.k.a. H-R-T. “Hormone replacement therapy is a hot topic (literally) in our community, and we’re constantly learning about all of the benefits,” says Geri Brin, Founder of FabOverFifty.
With so many sources of information, we’ve created a QUIZ to help dispel some common myths while giving you the real facts about menopause symptoms and HRT. HRT is medication containing female hormones to replace the ones your body no longer makes after menopause, are used to treat symptoms of menopause such as hot flashes and night sweats. Test YOUR knowledge by taking the quiz below.
1. Estrogen levels start to decline years before menopause officially begins.
2. What is the average age of menopause onset?
3. How many menopausal women experience hot flashes?
4. Hot flashes can last for up to 10 years?
5. HRT can help alleviate menopausal symptoms like hot flashes and night sweats.
6. HRT can be delivered through which methods?
7. How often do physicians discuss menopause, the potential symptoms and HRT therapy?
8. Compounded hormone therapy (CHT), where a pharmacist creates custom hormone therapies for women, is more “natural” than FDA approved HRT you can get from your physician? (Compounding is used to provide treatment for patients when the exact products needed are not commercially available or different ingredients, preservatives, or routes of administration are required because of patient intolerances)
9. Compounded hormone therapies are approved by the FDA?
All done! Click the link below to see the answers.
Once you answer the 9 questions, check your knowledge against the answer key at the end.