Over the last year, I have developed a bump in the middle of my forehead. Xrays have proved no problem, but I’d like to get it reduced or removed. Is this possible?

0 Answers

  1. Dr. Curtis Wong wrote on :

    Anything is possible and you should see a local plastic surgeon for further evaluation and management. Your surgeon will best be able to determine whether this is bone or soft tissue and should provide you with options from which to choose. The simplest method would be for an incision right over it and the most complex would involve technology and require an operating room and the added expenses that come with it.

  2. Dr. James Wethe wrote on :

    Well… interesting question and problem… if you have the x-rays, the best idea is to take them to a local Plastic Surgeon who can review the x-rays and examine you… likely you have a problem that can be improved and maybe even solved. Depending on the findings of your exam, the physician may want additional tests such as a CT scan but this “sounds” like a solvable issue… see a Plastic Surgeon soon.
    J. Wethe, M.D.

  3. Dr. Julio Garcia wrote on :

    most likely it is either a small lipoma or a sebaceous cyst. Either one can be surgically removed. It would leave a small scar but that are a heals quite well and should be hard to see in a few weeks. Usually can be done in the office under local anesthesia.

  4. Dr. Richard Chaffoo wrote on :

    Hi and thanks for your question. It is not possible to give you advice without an examination and review of your xrays. However, I would recommend that you see a surgeon who is certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery. Many “bumps” on the forehead can be removed through small remote incisions behind the frontal hairline if they involve the outer table of the skull or within a forehead crease if the lesion is in the skin itself. Best of luck! For more information please feel free to visit our website

Are you an FOF Doctor? Please to log in and post your response