gortiz88 SAID:

I’m 36 and had breast aug. Since then, I’ve had 2 children and I feel one boob is smaller then the other. I have saline and would like to know if there is a way to fill them so they look even once again? In office procedure?

0 Answers

  1. Dr. Kevin Tehrani wrote on :

    A decrease in the implant size can be due to a number of reasons. Most likely you will need an implant exchange rather then going back to fill the implant. You should schedule to see a Board Certified plastic surgeon, where you will then be examined to determine the right procedure for you. I would also recommend bringing in your previous implant information card with you the day of the consultation.
    Yes, this can be done in an accredited office operating room such as AAAASF, as an outpatient procedure

  2. Dr. Brooke Seckel wrote on :

    Thank you for your question. If one side is significantly smaller you most likely have had a partial deflation of the implant. However if the smaller side is firmer or harder than the other side you may have a capsular contracture.
    In either case you need to be examined by your plastic surgeon or another board certified plastic surgeon for an exam.
    In my opinion in either case you will likely need a procedure in the operating room and not in an office. Usually the best option is to replace both implants with new implants. Be sure to check your warranty that you should have received when your implants were placed. You can contact the office of the surgeon who did your original surgery to get implant manufacturer, implant numbers and contact information to inquire about your warranty. Good luck.

  3. Dr. William Rosenblatt wrote on :

    Your breast asymmetry could be caused by a number of factors, one implant could be partially deflated or your breast sizes could have changed over the years. One thing that is not recommended is filling an old implant. Usually we recommend removal of the old implants and replacement with newer ones, either saline or sililcone. I can do this either in my AAAASF accredited operating room or one of my hospitals. Come in for a complimentary appointment and bring in any information you have about the old implants so we would know what size they are and can plan accordingly.

  4. Dr. Michael Valdes wrote on :

    The short answer is “no.” In theory, if you could find the correct type of filler tube for your implants, more saline could be added. However, it’s pretty “iffy” how long that would last before the implant “leaked” since the fill valve is a single use design. Since the implant would need to be removed to be refilled, you’re really not considering a significantly smaller operation or a quicker recovery. I think your best course is to make an appointment with a board certified plastic surgeon and discuss your options for replacing the implants.

  5. Dr. Douglas Monasebian wrote on :

    Good day and thank you for your question. While it is not recommended to refill saline implants there are other options available including exchange of the implants to either saline again or silicone. Breast lifting may also be done concurrently if needed. Dr. Monasebian, our Board Certified Plastic Surgeon, performs numerous breast enhancement procedures throughout the year and would need to see you to discuss all options with you in more detail. This surgery can be performed in our accredited facility or, if you prefer, at the Hospital where Dr. Monasebian maintains full admitting and operating privileges.
    We look forward to meeting you soon. As with any Plastic Surgery procedure, make sure it is performed by a doctor certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery and ask this doctor to show you pictures and review the entire procedure with you.
    We will routinely review all aspects of the procedure with you.
    During your consultation, all fees will be discussed in more detail as well. Please call us to discuss this further. We look forward to meeting you soon.

    Douglas M. Monasebian, M.D., F.A.C.S.
    Park Avenue Plastic Surgery

Are you an FOF Doctor? Please to log in and post your response