I ruptured my Achilles tendon 3 years ago, but the surgery to repair it got infected and the wound has never closed. I need plastic surgery and grafting. Who would be a good surgeon for this reconstruction?

0 Answers

  1. CurtisWongMD wrote on :

    Its probably best to see a plastic surgeon who is able to do microvascular tissue transfers and reverse saphenous pedicled flaps as you need back up plans in case plan A doesn’t work. Not all surgeons are up to date with microvascular surgery as they don’t do enough cases. I know of a surgeon who attempted a free tissue breast reconstruction on an overweight diabetic female. Besides the procedure taking over 12 hours (normally is 3-5 hours), complications arose and she never left the hospital. So make sure your surgeon is very experienced in microvascular procedures.nn1

Are you an FOF Doctor? Please to log in and post your response