AmanyaRubinstein SAID:

I am 51 years old. I have pretty good skin and not too many fine lines or wrinkles. But I do have a problem with dark circles around the eyes and some fine lines under the eyes. Is there any product out there that can really help lighten the darkness or will it only be lightened by using a concealer?

0 Answers

  1. Dr. Lyle Back wrote on :

    Dark circles and fine lines can be easily treated with a chemical eye peel and an eye cream. The chemical peel strengthens the delicate eye area to reveal newer skin and rids dead skin, therefore strengthening the skin that will cover under eye dark circles and smooth out fine lines. The eye cream is essential for at-home use. Teamine (from Revision) is an eye cream which has caffeine to circulate blood around the eye area to alleviate dark circles, puffiness and fine lines.

  2. Dr. Richard D'Amico wrote on :

    Thank you for your question. Many women begin noticing subtle changes to their eyelids as they begin to age. One cause is that fat begins to herniate forward giving a dark appearance or circles under the eye; much like the shadow created by water in a water balloon. That said; there are also a number of other conditions that could cause the darkness under your eyes. Treatment options could range from prescription bleaching creams to surgery. Before throwing your money away on topical products that may not help; consult with a board certified plastic surgeon that can diagnose and recommend the appropriate treatment options.
    Good luck.

  3. Dr. Beverly Friedlander wrote on :

    Hi, I am glad to hear that you have youthful appearing skin with not too many lines or wrinkles. The dark circles under our eyes can be caused by a number of different things, such as melanin, hemosiderin or even shadows related to “bags” Each cause has a different solution, or combination of solutions. In some instances creams will lighten the color and help to soften the fine lines, in others, surgery will be required. Concealer is not a solution, but only a temporary fix. It is best to be evaluated by a plastic surgeon to determine which solution offers the best correction for your problems. Good Luck. Beverly Friedlander, MD

Are you an FOF Doctor? Please to log in and post your response