deblsgc SAID:

I have silicon/saline breast implants. My left implant has ruptured. Where can I find a doctor to remove them both. I’ve had my implants for 20 years.

0 Answers

  1. Dr. Stephen Chidyllo wrote on :

    It is always best to return to the original plastic surgeon who performed your surgery. They have the most knowledge concerning your specific case. You have another issue though in that the treating surgeon needs to know what type of implant you had placed (saline or silicone). You should provide your selected surgeon with all of the necessary manufacturers information concerning your present implants. The operative procedure may be different if you are treating a ruptured silicone implant or a ruptured saline breast implant. Review the ASPS website at for a surgeon in your region.

  2. Dr. Gustavo Galante wrote on :

    If possible, it is best to be seen by your original plastic surgeon. If he/she is not available or no longer in practice, seek out a board certified plastic surgeon conveniently located for you. Be sure to bring the size and type of implant information with you if available. More information on finding a plastic surgeon can be found at
    Hope this helps.

Are you an FOF Doctor? Please to log in and post your response