I’m a 21 year old female (so I’m not over fifty, but still interested in an answer). I have asymmetrical breasts. My left breast is smaller than my right and and droops inward. I am interested in having it altered to match my right breast. What kind of procedure would this involve? Approximate cost?

0 Answers

  1. DrGregoryLynam wrote on :

    It is probably a breast lift on one or both sides to improve shape and symmetry. Cost may be about $7000 depending on what is done. Good Luck!

  2. Dr. Brooke Seckel wrote on :

    Thank you for your question. Breast asymmetry correction involves correcting size and shape of the breast. Different sized breast implants can accommodate for size. However if one breast sags more than the other a breast lift often needs to be done on the lower side. Please see:

  3. Dr. David Berman wrote on :

    it is difficult to be definitive without pictures and the ability to examine you. however, you may be able to get away with just doing an implant on your smaller side with possible a donut mastopexy to adjust the nipple heights and areolar diameter. the price will depend if you want to wait until you are 22 years old and can use silicone. Saline would have the advantage that i can adjust the volume on the OR table which makes it a bit easier to get a more exact size match. however, both would work fine.
    i would be happy to see you for a free cosmetic consult, if you like. definitely only see a board certified plastic surgeon.
    best of luck.
    david berman md,
    sterling, VA

  4. Dr. Janet Woodyard wrote on :

    Without a photo or exam, it is difficult to say with certainty which is the best procedure for you. In this type of case, I frequently enlarge the smaller breast with an implant. If the nipple position is too low on one or both breasts, then a lift will be needed on one or both sides. Cost varies by procedure, type of implant used and the time required to perform the procedure. You need to be 22 years of age to have a silicone implant. Schedule an appointment with a board certified plastic surgeon to gain more specific information regarding your particular needs. Best wishes.

Are you an FOF Doctor? Please to log in and post your response