In part two of this two-part series, our most fashionable FOFs gush over the pieces they’ve fallen for this autumn.
1. Over the Knee Frye Boots in Black, $488. “I lived in Frye boots in college. There are a lot of choices out there but I like Frye because of the detailed stitching on the back and the side zipper. Above all, they are extremely comfortable and a good price point.”
2. Catherine Deane “Irina” Jacket. “It’s a fitted jacket so it is slenderizing but also edgy. I call it space-age meets military because of the leather detailing at the shoulder and waist. It’s structured but very feminine.”
3. HTC Belts, $365.00. “Since I wore cowgirl Halloween costumes when I was younger, I’ve always loved studded belts. The HTC belts provide bling, but in a subtle way. The crystals are black and the studs are tarnished black, similar to Balenciaga or Burberry Prorsum, but much easier on your pocketbook.”
4. Faliero Sarti Scarf, $325.00. “Faliero Sarti scarves from Italy, new in our store, have become my absolute favorite accessories. My favorite is the Filomena scarf, which has a sentence in Italian embroidered on it’s edges: ‘Trova un amica trova un tesoro.’ It translates, ‘To find a friend is to find a treasure.’ Isn’t that the truth?”
*Select items available from Churchill. Call 913.262.5240 for details about availability and shipping.
2. Faliero Sarti Scarf, $298.00. “There’s a great one with an American flag in sepia tones. It would look great with my linen jacket.”
3. Flat Boots in multiple colors. “I like very plain flat boots that zip and unzip so they are easy to put on and take off. I like boots by Ann Demeulemeester when she makes them or Jil Sander. I also like buying my boots from riding shops.”
*Select items available from Wendy Foster. Call 805.565.1506 for details about availability and shipping.
1. Leather Tassel Tote from Gap, $98. “It’s a little bit bohemian at a great price. You could fit a cell phone and a laptop and it’s good for traveling.”
2. Classic Animal Print Scarf from Ann Taylor, $58. “Animal prints are so big this fall. It’s a great way to dress up a black sweater.”
3. Peplum Shirt by Planet Clothing from the FabOverFifty Shop, $264. “We all need a new white shirt. The asymmetrical collar and black buttons make this a stand out. It would look great with the Ponte Knit Leggings.”
4. Bianca Necklace by Paige Novick from the FabOverFifty Shop, $435. “I love this piece for its quiet beauty and understated grace.”
5. Leopard Print Dress from Talbots, $179. “This is a fantastic, classic, sleeveless sheath. You can throw a little black cardigan over it and go anywhere… to work, out or to a party.”
6. Tie-Front Cardigan from J.Crew, $118. “Camel is one of the most important colors this fall. We all love a yummy cardigan to wear with a t-shirt, over leggings, jeans or a dress. The crepe de chine ribbon closure gives it a more feminine touch.”
7. Ponte Knit Leggings from Ann Taylor LOFT, $49.50. “Leggings are not going away. For the quality, these leggings are a wonderful price. They are made from ponte fabric which is thicker and holds you in really well. You can wear them with a great big sweater or a tunic.”