Whether our kids are in high school, away at college, or have moved out lock, stock and barrel, don’t most of us look for ways to get their attention? Sometimes it seems that if we vanished into midair, they wouldn’t know we were among the missing unless they texted, emailed or (heaven forbid!) called, and we didn’t respond.
With this in mind, we created an action plan of 10 ways to command their attention. At least one is sure to work!
1. E-mail them funny photos of yourself that they can’t ignore
2. Tell them you’re drawing up your will
4. Text them that you have “good news,” and figure out what you’ll say when they call
5. Buy something for their apartment and tell them you want to personally deliver it
6. When you next see them, sneak a loving note or a token gift into their bag/car/jacket
7. Invite them to an “out of the box” activity, e.g. a mixology class, scuba diving lessons, a fashion show
8. Tell them you’re about to throw out their high school and college “junk” unless they come and go through it themselves
9. Be overly active on social media
10. Stop paying a bill that you normally pay