Sometimes, don’t you just want to lock yourself in a room (a pretty one, of course) and shut out all the irritating situations and people in your life? Here are a dozen of our most irritating irritations. We only have one question: How is it that everyone else is annoying but us?
1. Reading countless Facebook posts about all the cultural, artistic, humanitarian and creative things everyone
(but you) is doing; places they’re going and
kudos they’re receiving.
2. Calling to make a doctor’s appointment for an important test and hearing, “He can see you on November 18th at 3 PM,” when it’s September 25th
3. Sending professional emails to make sure a company received your info (e.g. Blue Cross, a prospective
account) and not getting a response
4. When a super rich person says:
“Ooooo, that’s so expensive!”
5. When a super thin person says:
“Ooooo, I ate so much tonight!”
6. When we tell a friend we’ve just been diagnosed with a serious, but curable, illness and she tells us about her
fourth cousin who died of the same thing
7. When we go to a clothing boutique and every item is size 4, 6, or 8
8. When an American who lives in France drops French words into her writing or conversation
9. Calling a best friend to say “hi” and
hearing how “busy” she is
10. When you compliment a wealthy friend on her new dress, ring, sofa and she tells you how much
she paid for it
11. When someone alludes to something really great that’s going to happen to her, but intentionally
keeps you guessing
12. When an acquaintance you aren’t crazy about corners you into doing something with her that’s
going to take hours
Anything irritating to add?