I have had several back surgeries due to a fall and a broken back. I am very lucky to be walking. I am overweight and have Diabetes that is not under control. I have had 4 Heart Attacks as well. I want to exercise however, due to my handicaped status I am not able. How do I lose the weight? Thanks!

4 Answers

  1. Mildred Hayden wrote on :

    I agree with hollisnan, but sitting you do isometrics. You know, while sitting up straight, tighten the muscles in your gut and hold for 10 seconds at a time. Also whilst sitting up try pelvid tilts to help strengthen your lower back. But stop immediately when any pain is felt.

  2. Hollis Wagenstein wrote on :

    Ginnyk, please seek advice from a qualified medical professional. There’s too much at stake for you to rely on casual albeit well-intentioned advice from amateur well-wishers. There may very well be a form of exercise that IS appropriate for you – swimming, weight training, walking, or something else. Weight loss or no, it will be hard to maintain good health without some form of activity. In your circumstances, only qualified medical advice can steer you towards your goals. GO FOR IT!

  3. rosie battista wrote on :

    You can lose the weight by changing your diet. I recommend that you follow the advice of Dr. Joel Fuhrman in his book EAT TO LIVE. You can purchase this book at http://drfuhrman.com/shop/eat_for_health.aspx. I have seen people who have lost huge amounts of weight and transformed their health by eating this way. I also suggest trying some of the recipes at http://www.cookingnakedafter40.com, which are simple and easy and follow Dr.Fuhrman’s recommendations.

  4. n s wrote on :

    Have you given water pool exercises a try? Those are supposed to be very good if you have limited mobility due to injury.

Are you an FOF Guru? Please to log in and post your response