If you’ve got something you want to sell or present to other wonderful women in the FabOverFifty community, you’re in for a treat!
Starting today, we’re turning a section of the site over to you, where you can introduce yourself and your product or service, link to your website and provide other contact information.
And it won’t cost you a penny.
Get started now!
When we asked, a few months ago, if you’d participate in a section like this, over 700 FOFs enthusiastically responded, “YES!”
“I’d love to sell my personal collection of vintage clothing and collectibles. And also wonderful jewelry pieces my friend creates. His pieces are amazing and beautiful,” said Marilyn.
“I’m starting a new business as a Patient Advocate and Health Care System Navigator, which I’d promote,” said Sue-Rae.
“I’d like to expand my at home Bookkeeping Business,” wrote Louette.
We weren’t surprised by the reaction. More and more women are becoming imbued with the spirit of entrepreneurship in the United States. Women-owned enterprises have increased a whopping 68 percent since 1998. Today, we own over 9.1 million businesses in the US, according to a report commissioned by American Express.
People aged 55 to 64 started almost 25 percent of all new businesses in 2012, up from 14.3 percent in 1996, according to a study by the Kauffman Foundation, a support organization for US startups. I’d guess women represent well over half of these.
While this movement may not be so great for corporations—which are losing our intelligence, curiosity, drive, creativity, passion, loyalty, common sense, team spirit and a host of other traits—entrepreneurship allows us to operate without the politics, bureaucracy, mediocrity and downright arrogance that plague far too many of them.
“We all have talents to share, but often not the means to just get started,” said FOF member, Janna.
That’s where FabOverFifty comes in. We’re not trying to be ebay or Etsy. We simply want to give YOU—THE GREATEST GENERATION OF WOMEN—the chance to showcase all the great things you’re doing. Then, you make the sale and you keep all the money.
Who Can Participate
We’re accepting submissions from any FOF member who wishes to promote:
- Something you create (i.e. jewelry, art, hand-knitted pieces)
- A service you provide (i.e. travel agent, recruiter, accountant, makeup artist, trainer, interior designer, image consultant)
- Special items you’re selling (i.e. antiques, jewelry, furniture, vintage clothing & accessories)
- Products you represent (i.e. beauty products, clothing)
- Something else (i.e. a book you’ve written, specialty food items you make, an original DVD you’ve recorded)
Here’s what you’ll need
to do to participate
Look to the right of this blog (at the top of the page) and you’ll see a spot to ‘Submit Your Seller Profile’. Enter all the relevant information, as directed. All material submitted is subject to editing by the FabOverFifty team. The public publishing of profiles is at the discretion of FabOverFifty. A few tips:
- You only have 1000 characters to sell yourself and your business, so make sure each word counts!
- Make sure to include “http://” at the beginning of your website so your link works properly.
- The ‘Featured Image’ is a small thumbnail, so we recommend submitting a square image, such as a logo.
Go build your seller
(Remember, it’s free!)
(The profile form is at the top right of this screen.)
To see a sample profile, click here.
Questions: Call Geri (917) 846-9359
or Alex (212) 717-6380