I am 52 yrs old and am in pretty good shape, yet my arms have saggy, wrinkled skin. Are there procedures to correct this?

0 Answers

  1. Dr. Rod Rohrich wrote on :

    There are many procedures to correct saggy arm skin. You will need to be evaluated by a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon with expertise in arm sculpting to determine if you are a candidate for an inner arm lift or an extended posterior arm lift.

  2. Dr. Gustavo Galante wrote on :

    If you have much laxity to the skin, a brachioplasty may be the procedure that will benefit you most. You have to be able to accept a long scar on the inside of your arm that may be visible extending from your armpit to your elbow. A consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon will help determine if you are a good candidate for this operation.

  3. Dr. Janet Turkle wrote on :

    A brachioplasty is commonly used to correct loose, sagging skin of the arms. The down side is the resulting scar. Depending upon your situation, there are some non-invasive procedures using radio frequency or laser energy that might be able to improve your situation but are not comparable to a surgical result.The only way to know for sure is to have a consultation with a board-certified plastic surgeon to determine your options.

  4. Dr. Thomas Mustoe wrote on :

    The only procedure that would correct your problem is a brachioplasty or arm lift. This involves excision of skin that usually extends down the arm to the elbow, resulting in a youthful contour and tight skin, but with a scar. I choose to hide the scar posteriorly, and many patients have been happy with the outcome in spite of the scar. However, it is a big step, and many decide that the scar is not worth it. A limited arm lift can be done with scars entirely hidden in the arm pit, but this is only useful when the loose skin is limited to the upper third of the upper arm.

Are you an FOF Doctor? Please to log in and post your response