Soso84 SAID:

Hi doctor, I am 29 years old. I have a problem with my upper eye lead from birth. There are just 75% skin cover it. I did many surgery but it is still not good. Is there any surgery can do it better in become a normal feature.
Thank you

0 Answers

  1. Dr. James Wethe wrote on :

    What you describe in your question is a problem that is not easy to answer without an examination…particularly if you have had multiple surgeries up to this point. My best thought is to gather any and all available prior surgical reports, doctor’s names and as much detail about your treatment to date that you can find, and see a plastic surgeon in your area. That surgeon may or may not be able to directly help you, as you have a very specialized problem, but very likely they could point you in the correct direction to get a proper evaluation so you will know what options do exist for you currently. Hope all goes well.
    J. Wethe, M.D.

  2. Dr. Susan Kaweski wrote on :

    Dear Ms. Wesam,
    There are several reconstructive options that can be performed on the eyelids. Which procedure is best for you would be difficult to determine without a complete examination and history of what exactly the problem was from birth and what has been performed surgically on your eye since.
    I would love to see you in consultation to further evaluate you.

  3. Dr. Rondi Walker wrote on :

    Dear Ms. Wesam,
    Thank you for your question. There may be several surgical options to improve the appearance and function of your upper eyelid, however without examining your eye it is diffficult to provide you with options. As you age, and more time has passed since your last surgery, the skin of your eye will gain laxity and it is possible perform another reconstructive plastic surgery procedure.
    I would be delighted to see you in consultation.


    Dr. Rondi Walker

Are you an FOF Doctor? Please to log in and post your response