CoreyLords SAID:

what type of augmentation would be recommended if I want to get back what I used to hve…meaning I was 34C before having kids now I am a 34A-B….I would just like to get my C’s back

0 Answers

  1. Dr. Brooke Seckel wrote on :

    Generally speaking a very rough guess is that it takes about 150-200 cc of breast implant to enlarge the breast by 1 cup size. However you need a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon who can evaluate your breasts, take measurements, and use a breast implant sizing system during which breast implants of various sizes will be placed into your bra so that you can evaluate how you will look with various sized implants.

    If your breasts have not sagged and your nipple is above your inframammary crease, the fold beneath your breast, then you will likely not need a breast lift and only an augmentation needs to be done.

    Generally speaking hopefully your breast implant can be placed underneath your chest muscle which reduces the chance of various complications including capsular contraction or hardening of the breast implant.

    You will have the choice of saline or silicone gel breast implants. Both can look fine but saline implants can cause visible rippling in some patients. Most patients today choose the new cohesive gel “gummy bear” implants which have been approved by the FDA.

    The most important thing is to find a plastic surgeon who is board certified, experienced in breast augmentation, and who has an excellent reputation in his or her community.

    Finally, in my experience most women who only want there natural breast size back, and do not want to look artificially enlarged, choose implants in the 250-325 cc range. Moderate profile plus breast implants tend to look more natural than high profile or shaped breast implants.

  2. Dr. David Motoki wrote on :

    There are many decisions involved in breast augmentation such as saline vs. silicone gel implants, implant size, round vs. anatomic shapes, smooth vs. textured surface, sub muscular vs. sub-glandular implant placement, infra-mammary vs. nipple vs. underarm incisions. Many women who seek breast augmentation after having children also benefit from a breast lift. Consult with a plastic surgeon certified by The American Board of Plastic Surgery to learn about your options.

  3. Dr. Susan Kaweski wrote on :

    There are different types of implants that are used these days. Within the saline and silicone implants there are also different styles. The best way to determine which implant will give you the best result is to consult with myself or another plastic surgeon in the office. This way we can see what exactly is needed. And yes you might also need a breast lift.

  4. Dr. Curtis Wong wrote on :

    Assuming you do not need a breast lift, you will still need to see a plastic surgeon to determine what size implant would achieve the results you desire. External sizing is accurate in my experience and your surgeon should be able to help you choose the right size.

  5. Dr. Marialyn Sardo wrote on :

    See a board certified plastic surgeon to get advice on the best technique and implants for you to achieve your goals of a 34C. Most likely simply placing an implant will refill out your breasts. However if the nipples are positioned too low, you might require a lifting procedure as well for optimal results

Are you an FOF Doctor? Please to log in and post your response