asousa16 SAID:

I have saline implants that I think need replacement. How can I find a doctor that has experience in Explantation surgery? So many doctors say they do but is there a way I can be sure they actually do?
I’m concern that the doctor wont know or or doesn’t have experience doing this and I’ll end up with implants that are deformed, with health issues because he didn’t do a proper job in removing the previous implant, and I’m also concern that I may loose sensitivity in my breast.
Please let me know. Thanks.

0 Answers

  1. Dr. Karen Singer wrote on :

    It is important to choose a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon as they will have the necessary training and experience. Also, when narrowing down your choice of plastic surgeons, read online reviews, look through their books of before and after pictures, and discuss with them your concerns and their experience. Please feel free to contact me for a complimentary consultation at 727-547-9244.

  2. Dr. John O'Brien wrote on :

    These are great questions for an experienced board certified surgeon, and we would be happy to see you to discuss.We have performed many of these procedures over my 19 year career. we had significant experience in revisional breast surgery. I would be happy to discuss this in detail as well as show you many before and after pictures of our patients should you choose to come and see us.Best of luck.

  3. Dr. Robert Buchanan wrote on :

    The most obvious method to pick a surgeon who has experience revising breast implants is to start with a board certified Plastic Surgeon, as they have all been trained to deal with implant problems. Most of the other physicians doing breast augmentations have not had this training. Then ask what experience they have had. Another thing you can look for is someone whio has been in practice since at least the 1980’s as they have dealt with all the different types of implants

Are you an FOF Doctor? Please to log in and post your response