needalift SAID:

i have a huge muffin top from having 3 cesarians and would like to speak with a certified surgeon on my options. so far i have my heart set on a tummy tuck. can someone point me in the right direction? pleease

0 Answers

  1. Dr. Charles Spenler wrote on :

    Many moms find that a tummy tuck is the perfect solution to the post-baby body. However, as my colleagues have suggested, I agree that you schedule a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon in your area for a complete examination and an explanation of all the potential options. In this way, you’ll be fully informed and able to make the best decision for your budget and recovery time. Best regards to you, Dr. Spenler.

  2. Dr. Anita Patel wrote on :

    I’m not sure if you’re referring to a muffin top in the usual sense (bulging over pants at love-handle area), or if you mean you have a bulge, or “shelf” of tissue hanging over your C section scar. Often after 3 pregnancies and C sections, patients have enough loose skin and widening of the muscles, that their best option to repair this is a tummy tuck. It is impossible to say without seeing you, or at least seeing photos, if you are a good candidate for this. In some cases a smaller surgery can also be helpful. I would recommend seeing a board certified plastic surgeon in person for a consultation. That way you can learn about your options, see what you are a candidate for, and get a recommendation on the best way to achieve your goals. If you’re not sure where to start, do a doctor search on the American Board of Plastic Surgery website, or the American Society of Plastic Surgeons website, based on your city or zip code. It is a big decision, so make sure you take your time in choosing a surgeon and learning about the procedure, risks, and benefits.

  3. Dr. Scott Miller wrote on :

    Contact the American Society of Plastic Surgeons at to find a board certified surgeon in your area. The best place to start is with an in person consultation.

  4. Dr. Curtis Wong wrote on :

    Find a board certified plastic surgeon in your town and invest in a consultation. Your consultation should provide you with all the answers you desire.

  5. Dr. John Ward wrote on :

    We’ve helped many patients who have had cesarians by performing a tummy tuck. Dr. Ward is a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon who offers complimentary consultations to discuss your individual needs and options.

  6. Dr. Milind Ambe wrote on :

    Thank you for your question. It is tough to say if your a good candidate for a tummy tuck without seeing photos or examining you. I would recommend having a consultation with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon to learn about your options. Best of Luck!

  7. Dr. James Wethe wrote on :

    A “huge muffin top” is not a unusual problem following 3 C-sections. A tummy tuck may be the correct answer or just one of several options you have including a mini tummy tuck. Seek out a board certified plastic surgeon and that person can examine you and give you all the options with the pros and cons for each. Hope all goes well!
    J. Wethe, M.D.

Are you an FOF Doctor? Please to log in and post your response