Fox90 SAID:

I’m 24 yrs.
I’m 5.2, at 170 ibs. I have lost over 130 ibs, however, my body is very saggy.
I have been thinking about body contouring, but don’t know where to start, and what procedure is right for me.
Thank you

0 Answers

  1. Dr. Tito Vasquez wrote on :

    “Saggy” often means that there is too much skin to be tightened by nonsurgical means. However only a face-to-face evaluation can determine that. Getting information from sites like this is a great first step. Now getting a good expert evaluation and consultation should help you with the rest of your answers

  2. Dr. William Rosenblatt wrote on :

    Where to start? – see a board certified plastic surgeon and discuss what areas bother your most. You can’t do everything at once, so find out what is available. You should be congratulated on your weight loss, your health will improve.

  3. Dr. Elliot Jacobs wrote on :

    Congratulations on your weight loss — that is quite an accomplishment! You are now much healthier.

    Unfortunately, when you were overweight, your skin stretched out and even though you are young and should have elastic skin, some of that elasticity has predictably been lost. As a result, you probably have sagging skin on many parts of your body — the arms, neck, breasts, abdomen, thighs are typical places for lax skin, although the exact pattern of lax skin and retained fat pockets differs in every person.
    How to start? You should consult with a board certified plastic surgeon with expertise and interest in body contouring.

    Good luck!

    Elliot Jacobs, MD, FACS
    New York City
    (212) 570 6080

Are you an FOF Doctor? Please to log in and post your response