I want an eye lift. Should I use a cosmetic plastic surgeon or an ophthalmologic surgeon who is also a board certified plastic surgeon ?

0 Answers

  1. Dr. Kevin Tehrani wrote on :

    Eyelid surgery is a very common procedure. The eyes are the first part of the face that usually hints at aging due to the excess skin laxity which give a “tired” appearance. Proper eyelid surgery with a Board certified Plastic Surgeon will remove not only skin and fat but will ensure minimal scarring and the most natural appearance.

  2. Dr. William Rosenblatt wrote on :

    I am a plastic surgeon, for me this is one of the most common surgeries I do for rejuvenation. It is done under mild sedation and you feel no pain, and have a quick and easy recovery. If you have true Ptosis — where your droopy upper eyelids are a medical problem – then perhaps an opthalmosigist who specializes in that area could be consulted. But for the every day common ageing eyes, plastic surgeons are usually quite skilled and good at this surgery. Also, if you need anything else done to your face at the same time the plastic surgeon can do it, whereas the eye md would have to refer you out.

  3. Dr. Elliot Jacobs wrote on :

    Eyelid surgery is obviously very delicate and it demands an expert surgeon. I would suggest you look for either a board certified plastic surgeon or an ophthalmologist who has particular interest in ophthalmic plastic surgery.

    Surgery can be directed to remove excess overhanging skin on the upper eyelids as well as fat bags of the lower eyelids. Other area to be considered are the location of your brows, which if too low, can contribute to excess skin of the upper eyelid.

    If possible, visit several surgeons to get various opinions. It will be worthwhile in the long run.

    Good luck!

    Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
    New York City

Are you an FOF Doctor? Please to log in and post your response