If our hair really is the first thing someone notices about us, we better start paying some more attention to it! Here are 10 tips for younger-looking locks:
1. Get a new, shorter and edgier haircut
2. Cover your grays with a temporary root concealer
3. Wear a ponytail, if your hair is long enough
4. Avoid overspraying and making your tresses too stiff to move!
5. Let your hair move freely, and even keep it a little tousled
6. Go lighter, especially around your face
7. Accessorize with cool-looking headbands or clips
8. Add a few kooky highlights in pink or green. If Helen Mirren could do it, so can you
9. Start taking a non-prescription supplement, designed to make thinning hair fuller
10. Always protect your hair from the sun, all year long. Many haircare products are formulated with sunscreen.
If you think your gray hair is aging you, look into temporary root concealers. We’re big fans of Gray Away, which covers gray roots in seconds and easily washes out when you shower. The spray works on light brown or dark brown/black hair and is just $9.99 a bottle. Try it now!