They can be frustrating, exasperating, even downright insulting.
But they're our “kids”, and we love them unconditionally. Still, there’s nothing that thrills us quite as much as when they show us how much they really care (and not just on our birthday)!
Print out this list and surreptitiously leave it at their house when you next visit. Or slip it into your daughter’s handbag or son’s coat pocket. Hopefully, they’ll get the hint!
1. Call us at least once to simply
ask “how are you?”
2. Pick up the dinner check for
no obvious reason
3. Agree to pose for a family portrait
4. Offer to host Thanksgiving dinner
5. Tell us we look marvelous
6. Allow us to “show” you off
once in a while
7. Surprise us with an all-expense paid trip to the destination of our dreams
8. Credit us publicly for something
we do really well
9. Create a scrapbook or write a letter sharing your reasons for loving us
10. Make the effort to somehow
include us in your kids’ lives
11. Just say "you’re right!"
12. Promise to make sure our essential wishes are met, as we age
What did we miss?