So, you want to put art on your walls without burning a hole in your wallet? Here are 7 sites we love for price-controlled pieces:
1. Etsy – Hundreds of thousands of artisans selling prints, crafts, photography, sculpture, pottery and more. Several FOF members, including Shann Spishak feature their reasonably priced work here. You can search by category, artists and color or look up products by time it was listed, where it was made and browse “curated collections” by other members. Buyers can also request custom items from Etsy artists.
2. 20X200 – Jen Bekman, of her eponymous NYC gallery, started 20X200 to bring art to everyone. Each week two new artist editions are released with at least one print (depending on the size) at $20. There are only a certain number of each print, so grab them up quick.
5. UGallery – An online gallery for students and budding artists to showcase and sell their work. They have two sister sites: Daily Deal, a one-of-a-kind, discounted piece of art released every day at noon, and Paperwork, weekly discounts on sustainable art.
6. The Working Proof – Each print sold on this site is paired with a charity of the artist’s choice, and 15 percent of the sale is donated to that organization. Every Tuesday at 1:30 p.m. E.S.T. a limited quantity of a new print is released on the site.
7. Society6 – Society6 connects artists with opportunities–such as designing the cover of a magazine or a major album. Artists also sell their work on the site. Society6 produces the art, packages it and ships it so that artists can focus on what they do best: making art!