1. Cooking a holiday meal, by
yourself, for 25 guests
Cut down the number of guests or get some help!
2. Complaining about traffic
We all know holidays bring on heavy traffic. If it irritates you so much, stay home.
3. Buying a gift you can’t afford
It doesn’t matter how much you love it or to whom it’s going if it will put you in debt.
4. Buying bad gifts
Spend a little time thinking about what they like, not what you like.
5. Drinking too much in front
of your boss
You never know what he’ll think of you.
6. Putting excess stress on yourself
If you’re going to thoroughly clean the house, don’t wait until the last minute.
7. Indulging in holiday treats every-
where you go
Avoid the temptation because you’ll surely regret it later.
8. Confronting a relative or friend
It’s not the time nor the place, no matter how much he or she bothers you.
9. Letting your kids delay their college
applications, which are due
You don’t want to be editing their essays while the ball is dropping in Times Square.
10. Being insensitive to tensions between your guests
When you’re preparing your guest list, try to avoid potentially unpleasant interactions
11. Leaving out fragile objects
If you’re worried that you’re priceless vase will be broken, put it away before the party.
12. Showing favoritism in gift-giving
If you’re giving a more significant gift to one friend than another, do it privately.
13. Cutting it close when going
out of town
Leave earlier to avoid traffic or weather delays, so you won’t be a no-show.
14. Ignoring religious differences
Be aware of your guests’ traditions and beliefs so they don’t feel excluded.
15. Supplying the neighborhood kids with sugar-laden Halloween “treats”
Candy corn has no place rotting the teeth and playing havoc with the stomachs of little kids.
What do you avoid
during the holidays?